Another month has come and gone and it’s already time for a new Thursday Favorites. It’s the first one of the New Year and I have so many fun things to share. I think the mental clutter that’s created around the holidays has fully cleared and I have space to think about so many other things – and share them with you!
1. Roasted Chickpeas – with the New Year and everyone’s resolutions this is the perfect snack to have on hand. I didn’t make any weight related resolutions, but I love munching on something that’s gluten and dairy free that I can eat with abandon if I want to. I made this shawarma hummus a while ago and really liked it. But, the star of the dish was the chickpeas. They’re deliciously spiced, a little chewy, and a bit nutty. Great for those times when you just can’t shake the snack craving. Bonus, they’re so easy!
2. Maybelline Matte Ink Lip Color – This is the best lipstick when you want something to stay put. I’ve worn it for up to 14 hours and never had to reapply or touch-up. Be forewarned, if you color outside the lines it’s hard to get off. Just be mentally ready to apply your lipstick, with a make-up remover q-tip nearby and you’ll be just fine.
3. GPS Holder – Xan and I bought one of these when we were living in San Francisco and didn’t own a car, but would rent them through zip car a lot. It’s perfect because it’s really light so you can take with you anywhere, it attaches to the air vent and is very easy to set-up, and it only costs $10. Since we got ours three other people we know have gotten one too!
4. Rosehip Oil – I got some of this in my stocking for Christmas and I’ve been using it ever since. Rosehip oil helps even out skin tone and can help reduce fine lines. Now that I’m 30 I’m all about the anti-aging skin care. And this one is so affordable it’s kind of crazy!
5. My Favorite Podcasts Right Now – I have 3 favorites at the moment. The first two are interior design related, and if you like this blog then you’ll love them! It’s the Chris Loves Julia podcast and Young House Love has a Podcast. The third one is a little different – it’s called You Made it Weird. The comedian, Pete Holmes has a different guest on each week and asks them questions that are kind of weird. They’re usually about the meaning of life and overall philosophical. It’s a little out there, but if you like long podcats, or something a little quirky give it a try. My favorite episodes are Mark Duplass, Jimmy Kimmel, and Ed Helms.