Happy Wednesday! Wait. Just kidding – it’s not Wednesday. I’ve been trying out a new posting schedule and so I’m not posting on Wednesdays anymore, but I liked the name so I decided to stick with it, haha. From now on they’ll probably be on Thursdays instead – hope that doesn’t bother you too much! So let’s get to it…
1. Italy! If you’ve been following along on my Stories you know that Xan and I have been in Italy for the last couple weeks. We got back yesterday and it was a seriously amazing trip! I’m thinking I might do a recap here in the next sometime soon. But, the best part is that our tickets were $400 each! Yes, you read that right. FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS! And our trip was over Thanksgiving. So that’s actually what this favorite is about – the way I scored the awesome deal. It was through a website called Scott’s Cheap Flights. You sign up for the email list and then you’re emailed awesome deals a few times a week. My tip is to be ready to book as soon as you get the email – often the deals only last for 30 minutes to an hour and then go back up in price. But, if you’re flexible about where and/or when you can go you’ll have more luck.
2. Another travel related favorite this month is my friend Eleonore’s blog. It’s a travel blog where she chronicles her trips, where to stay and what to do in the places she goes. She’s fun and funny and the best part? She’s a regular person just like us – she has a full-time day job and lives in an expensive city but is still able to do lots of traveling because she’s super smart about it. And she shares all her tips with you! Even if you don’t want to travel just go for the eye candy because she takes some gorgeous photos.
3. This home tour of one of The Every Girl co-founders is drop dead gorgeous. And can you even believe she rents (check out those before and afters)?? She has a great outlook on making changes to a rental space. I love how sophisticated and elegant the space feels. Every room provides some serious inspiration, but I especially love her master bed set-up.
4. With the colder days finally here I’ve reminded myself how much I love thermal socks. You won’t catch me at home without them and I love the thin ones you can wear with boots. Bonus points if you pair them with my favorite cozy slippers. This is my favorite heavy pair and these are my favorites to wear with shoes. You (and your feet) can thank me later (EMOJI – WINK)
5. Along with gear to keep me warm, I get really into soups this time of year. My favorites are: take out Chinese wonton soup (cheap and delicious), this mushroom tortellini from skinny taste, and the Tuscan White Bean soup from Clever Carrot. Both are actually pretty healthy and really tasty. Trust me, you’re going to want to make all of these!
6. Last but not least, this is a PSA. If you haven’t heard that you can download movies and show to watch offline with Netflix and Amazon – NOW YOU KNOW. It’s been a total lifesaver during travel, but especially on this last trip. 15 hours of traveling across the world will really take it out of you and for me, having pure 100% entertainment is the answer (read: the way to avoid an airport meltdown). I hope it is for you too!