Hi Friends, happy Thursday! Can you believe how close Christmas is? For me, the year has gone by so quickly I’m still in denial that we’ve made it past April. But, I have to face facts and part of that means finishing up my Christmas shopping. My general gift philosophy is that I love to give things that are a little extra special and I feel like the person might not buy for them self. So, I’ve rounded-up my ultimate gift guide. Really, it’s more like my wish list, because I either want or already have and love everything on this list. So, be sure to pin as inspiration for your BFF, work bestie, or to give to your friends and family when they need some ideas. I know I’ll be dropping this in my husband’s inbox 😉.
Christmas Gift Ideas – For Her
1. San Francisco Sweatshirt – This is the coziest, softest sweatshirt there is. I’ve owned this for almost two years now and am still totally obsessed with it, plus it doesn’t hurt that so many other people like it too, it almost always gets a compliment. They are screen-printed by an artist in SF, so each one is handmade. Weather the person you’re buying for has a soft spot for San Francisco, loves sweatshirts, or likes supporting small businesses this will make their day. Tip: Size down, they run really big.
2. In the Company of Women –This is a book is a compilation of over 100 interviews of creative women in many different fields. The questions to each are roughly the same and it’s cool to hear the same question answered from different perspectives. Plus, it’s incredibly inspirational to read about so many women who are following their dream. I leave it on the coffee table and it’s a great conversation starter. Your favorite feminist or entrepreneur will love it.
3. Colorbloc calendar – This is the perfect gift for your office bestie. It would add a nice splash of color to any desk.
4. Brave Enough – Ever since I read Wild many years ago I’ve been interested in Cheryl Strayed’s work. This is an inspirational book full of quotes from her writing over the years.
5. J Vineyards Brut Rose – This is my favorite hostess gift to bring during the holidays. The vineyard is in Sonoma, but you can order online too. Pink, bubbly champagne? Does it get more festive than that?
6. Augustina Fold Over Clutch – The gorgeous hue of this clutch and the pretty velvet fabric have me swooning hard over it. Plus, it’s perfect for the holiday season.
7. Marble Coasters – These marble coasters from Target are fancy and reasonably priced, it’s the definition of a win-win. I would give these to any of my home design obsessed friends and know they would be a hit. They’d also be good for a white elephant exchange.
8. Large Stash Clutch – I have this bag in a different color and I love it. The leather is soft and clearly a high quality and it can be used in so many ways. I use it as a clutch for a night out, as a bag for corralling things in my purse when traveling, and I have a smaller on I use for cosmetics.
9. Journal – I love the ethereal look of this notebook and am a firm believe you can never have too many. Whether you’re jotting down a grocery list or journaling through some feelings this has to be the prettiest way to do it!
10. Small Latte Bowls – I have about 7 of these bowls and they are good for so many things: dips, portioning out snacks/desserts, mise en place for herbs and other small ingredients, chocolate mouse vessels. The list goes on. They’re pretty, affordable, and I reach for them over and over.
11. Wet-Dry Hair Brush – A friend gave this to me for Christmas last year and I had no idea what I was missing. No more using a comb and catching every tangle while you do it. This brush never pulls and is just as good for your wet hair as a comb.
12. Wine Stoppers – These beauties will add a little something special to any holiday table. For your friend who loves to host!
13. Shimmered Coin Purse – As with notebooks, I also believe you can never have too many small bags. They make any purse so much more organized and when they’re as cute as this one they’re just fun to have around!
14. Initial Necklace – I’ve had this necklace for over a year and I wear it practically every day. And I’d say I get a compliment on it at least once a week. It’s dainty enough to go with casual outfits, cool enough to bring a little edge to sweet ones, and layers with larger necklaces so well.
15. Stained Glass Ornament – I first saw this artist’s work at West Coast Craft in San Francisco and fell in love with her non-traditional stained glass pieces. She uses interesting patterns and bold colors to create really beautiful work.
16. Prunella Earrings – If you know me at all you know that I have an intense love-hate relationship with earrings. I’m totally obsessed with them, but can’t wear them. Trust me when I say, if I could these would be on my ears right now because they’re gorgeous!