Happy New Year, friends! I’ve been in total planning mode this last week. The new year is always such a refreshing time and it feels good to plan for the year ahead. I’ve been thinking a lot about the projects I want to get done in 2018. So, I thought I’d share my 2018 to-do list – and I’m wondering, what projects are at the top of your list?
1. The Kitchen! This is the number one priority for 2018 and something we’ll start on soon. If you want any background or to see the ugly before pictures check out this post, this post, and this post. I’m excited to get this project underway to have a more functional space that fits our lifestyle.
2. The Yard – We do have a small yard in the front and back of our house, but it’s really just a bunch of weeds that, when cut, look like grass. Fresh, lush green grass is one of my very favorite things and I really want to plant grass this year so we can have a beautiful lawn in the years to come. And I want to plant new shrubs in the bed that wraps around the porch.
3. Dining Room – I have some big plans for making the dining room even more functional and I’m really hoping to tackle them this year. With plans to complete the kitchen this year it just makes so much sense to finish that room too. I know we’ll be spending so much more time in there and making it comfortable and useable is something I’m really excited about.
4. Foyer – I’ve made a lot of progress in this area, (check it out here) but there are still a few things that I want to do that will really elevate the space. Like getting more hooks, a place for gloves and clutches, painting, and add a decent light source. It’s the one thing everyone sees whether they just knock on the door or come all the way in so, I’d love for it to be something we’re really proud of.
5. Living Room – I’ve really been struggling with this room and what direction it should go. I’m still not sold on the layout, am unsure about what furniture it needs, and can’t decide on what to put on the walls. But, it’s another space that we use all the time so I really want to figure it out so we can get the most out of it.
6. Guest Room – This one isn’t a huge project, but I do want the guest room to have everything someone needs to stay comfortably. Starting with a door that closes all the way might be a good idea 😬
7. Shed – Not having any outdoor storage makes it tough to keep up your yard. There are lots of tools that you just don’t want to bring into the house because they’re either too big or very messy. I know it would do so much for the state of our yard if we had a place to store the tools we need.
8. Deck – If you’ve seen my master planning post then you know that our ultimate goal is to add a deck to the side of the house for outdoor dining and cooking. And while I would love to get the deck done in time for the warmer months this year I’m not sure it’s possible. After the kitchen is done we’ll have a pretty small window before summer hits and I’m not sure if we’ll be ready to take on another big project right away. But, because it would be so amazing to have it done I’m keeping it on the list!
There it is! The official list for 2018. But, don’t hold me to it because you never know what can happen. And even if we don’t get to these things I’m sure we’ll tackle some other projects. Don’t forget to share what you want to get done on your house this year!